Patty Smith Hall here, and anyone who knows me knows that I have a special place in my heart for redheads. Which is why I choose to feature a family made up of redheaded heroes and heroines in my World War II series with Love Inspired Historical. Titan hair is a unique genetic feature, making up on 1-2% of the population. People with red hair usually have fair skin, light colored eyes and a smattering of freckles--the perfect start for any hero or heroine!
All this fuss over of two recessive genes!
Yet, history provides us with a number of redheads who have and continue to influence art, literature and history even hundreds of years after their deaths:
- Thomas Jefferson--Author of the Declaration of Independence, one of our founding fathers and third president of the United States.
- Ron Howard--I mean, come on! Who in their right mind would have a problem with little Opie, good guy Richie Cunningham from ‘Happy Days and one of the great directors of our time.
- Prince Harry--one of the world’s most eligible men and a cutie pie to boot!
- Galileo--one of the fathers of the Scientific Revolutions, he introduced the idea of the earth revolving around the sun.
- Emma Stone--I first noticed how beautiful this girl was in Zombieland but she blew me away with her turn as a writer opening the door to Civil Rights in 1950 Mississippi in The Help.
- Emily Dickerson--An American poet who’s works, not released until after her death, are considered some of the most significant poetry in American Literature.
- Queen Elizabeth the First--after surviving four stepmothers, she fought off death at the hands of a couple of Marys(one, her sister; the other, her cousin) to rule for over forty years during one of the most prolific times in English history.
- Carol Burnett--A master comedian. Her version of Gone with the Wind is still considered one of the funniest skits of all time!
- Vincent Van Gogh--Dutch post-impressionist painter who’s work influenced the world of art throughout the Twentieth century.
- King David--Writer, Warrior, King of Israel and one of God’s beloved.
|Queen Elizabeth I
And the list goes on. Of course, I’ve always known how adventurous and fun-loving gingers can be. God blessed me with a family full of redheads, including my wonderful husband of 29+ years!