Hi, I’m Patty Smith Hall, and I’ll be your hostess on the 30th of each month, bringing you unknown pieces of history you’ve probably never heard of before. If you’ve been joining us this month, you know we’ve been introducing ourselves. I don’t know about you, but I’ve been blown away by some of the extraordinary things I’ve learned about these talented women. I’m honored to share a blog with them.
So, what about me? I’m not sure there’s that much to tell--but as this is my day(at least for this month,) I’ve decided to share 25 facts about me
- I’m a Southern girl through and through. Born in Georgia, both sides of my family moved here in the late 1700’s.
- My parents took me to Sunday school for the first time when I was two weeks old.
- I didn’t miss church again until I had pneumonia when I was nine.
- German Chocolate Cake is my ALL-TIME favorite dessert!
- I tried to send my sister back to the hospital when she was born. Forty-six years later, she’s kind of grown on me.
- I’m an oddity amongst writers--a total extrovert!
- My grandmother is the role model for all the sassy older women in my books.
- I was almost suspended from school for stealing ‘A Rose in Bloom’ from the library. (It was later found.)
- Every Fourth of July, I celebrate my second birthday--it’s the day I accepted Jesus as my Savior!
- Remington Steele, Moonlighting and Castle are some of my favorite shows of all time!
- One of my friends in high school signed my yearbook with: You are so happy, you make me sick.
- I got my first publishing contract when I was eleven--my sixth grade teacher sent some of my poems to a children’s magazine and they were accepted.
- I proposed to my husband on our very first date--we were married 15 months later and celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary this year.
- On my first trip to Washington DC in June, 1969, I started talking to a boy at President Kennedy’s grave--it was John F. Kennedy, Jr!
- My biggest cheerleader--my dad! He's always told me I could do whatever I set my mind to doing.
- I read 6 newspapers a day, including 2 English newspapers--got to keep up with the royal family.
- I’m one of the most determined people you’ll ever meet.
- If I don’t want to do something, no power on earth can make me.
- My husband still makes me laugh after all these years.
- My favorite secret pleasures are Us magazines and crunchy Cheetos.
- I’m two degrees separated from Hugh Jackman.
- My first two books were written while I was flat on my back.
- If I can be half the woman my mother is, I’d consider myself a blessing to others.
- My great grandparents celebrated 78 years of marriage--a record in the state of Georgia!
- I didn't learn how to work a computer until I was almost forty and still have a lot to learn--which is why there's not pictures with this article. So please--envision Hugh Jackman with a big piece of German Chocolate cake!
Please join me on March 30th when I'll be giving away a large print copy of my latest release, Hearts in Hiding!